cutest blog gray

Monday, May 21, 2018

Princess Diaries

"Mourn with those who mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort"

There are seasons of triumph and seasons of trials.  During the triumphs is when we see the clearest, and grow from what we learned in the midst of trials.  God sends us kindred spirits or tender mercies when He knows we need them the most.  As a pediatric nurse many of my patients were tender mercies for me at specific seasons of trial in my life.

This past weekend, I heard the scripture Mosiah 18:9 twice at two different places by two completely different people.  This is what it reads, 

"Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn ; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the..."

I've been pondering this verse and wondered its meaning.  Even without complete awareness, we minister to those around us, placed in our path, by simply serving with love and compassion.  Sharing our heart and caring for others.

I love it when I see His hands so clearly in my life.  Often these moments, and life experiences come through children for me.  I love children, their innocence, pure hearts and unconditional love light up every room.  This little darling in particular was a bright ray of sunshine for me, as well as so many others.  




 This is my little friend Princess Cosette.  While serving in the nursery of our last ward, I was fighting an internal battle, one that I have fought on and off for over 15 years.  Depression is such an ugly word, and certainly an ugly feeling.  But as much as we wish to shut it out, its there and it is real, for so many of us.  As desperate as I am to have more children, being around little children can sometimes break me.  Break me to my very core, where my heart turns cold and wishes to close off to the world around me.  But despite my weak and aching heart, I knew God put me in this nursery for a reason, even for just a short season of my life.  I knew He was trying to soften my heart and teach me to serve always, especially His most precious.

Within the first couple Sundays in the nursery, my beautiful friend Princess Cosette came running into my lap and stayed by my side for the 2 hours of our time in nursery, and then each Sunday following.  Occasionally she would jump up and dance, or grab a toy or book for me to read, but she stayed close by, warming my lap and heart and filling my empty.  As if she knew I needed to feel His love.  She knew just how to show His love for me.

Each week I could feel my heart soften and have more faith in His plan for me.  The sting of infertility still haunts me and occasionally breaks me, but not for long.  I know how to fight stronger each time I face the darkness.

It was Princess Cosette that saved my heart, it was Princess Cosette that knew how to love and was sent directly in my path when I needed His love the most.  It is Princess Cosette that touches the hearts of so many now.

I've learned that even in or darkest hours, we can find a ray of light.  He is always there, He always hears our prayers, He listens and provides.  We just have to accept it in faith.

"Mourn with those who mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort"

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”  -albert pine


No comments: