cutest blog gray

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Test Results

I had only a few friends left at this point in my life. My first group of friends weren't hanging around me anymore because I had changed my standards. My second group of friends weren't hanging around me anymore because they were his friends first, so when he dumped me, they dumped me too. There was one friend though that stayed my friend from the beginning . So, I went to her and told her the one thing that no 16 year old girl wants to say, “I think I am pregnant”. That night before the basketball game, we went to the dollar store to get a pregnancy test. I couldn’t bring myself to buy it. So, she grabbed the test and bought it for me. When we got to the basketball game, she stood outside the stall while I took the test.
When that positive line showed up, I had alot of mixed emotions. If this is real, everyone would find out what I had done. I will be judged, people will talk behind my back and most likely some will say things to my face. Everyone will be so disappointed in me. But, the good thing about it is this might bring he and I back together! Maybe we will still get married after all!
I went to the gym to watch the basketball game. I saw a friend of mine that was also a friend of his girlfriend. I knew if I told her what was going on, that word would get to him quickly. So, I told her. I told her that I was going to the crisis center in the morning to get a real pregnancy test.

When I got home that night, I asked my older brother to come talk to me, and I told him what was going on. He could not believe the words that were coming out of my mouth. When I told him about the outcome of the test, he began to cry. He hugged me tight and told me how much he loved me and will always love me no matter what happens. He then knelt down and began to pray. He prayed for God to be with me through this. He prayed that the test was wrong and that I could change my life around and not have to go through this, but that if it was right I could still have the spirit to guide me through this. After his prayer, we continued to talk and cry for awhile until we decided to finally go to sleep.

During school the next day, I left and went to the crisis center. My friend “S” came with me. The woman gave me the pee cup and once again, I went into the bathroom.
I don't know how long it actually took to get the result, but it felt like forever!
When the woman came back, she didn't tell me if the test was positive or negative. She simply said, "You have 3 options".  
She then gave me my options: 1. Keep the baby 2. Adopt it out or 3. Abortion. She gave me some pamphlets and sent me on my way. What was I going to do?

No comments: