cutest blog gray

Sunday, November 9, 2008

November...Adoption Celebration Month

November is Adoption Month. I cannot go by without posting about adoption and the amazing blessing that it is. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father's plan....for ALL of his children.

Little over two years ago, ours lives were changed by adoption. I have so many thoughts on the topic and have felt at times that as a result of our experience, I am here to sing out to the world, so to speak.

There are reasons for everything, and adoption has been the most blessed learning experience we have had, not just for the sake of being able to be parents and have our lives blessed with little dears, but for so many other valuable lessons in life.

We have learned charity for others and knowing that no matter what ones situation is, with the right direction and love, blessings do come. We have learned a little patience for what is in store for us. I say 'a little' because I am still learning patience. We have a greater understanding of Eternal Families.

Open adoption has been a new road we have traveled. Of course adoption itself was new for us, but having an open adoption with Kya's beautiful birthfamilies has been an eye opening experience. I know at times some wonder if we are doing the 'right' thing by being open, and others wonder if we have Kya's best interest in mind, and even others feel our decision was not the best decision. All I have to say is, 'this is a road we are traveling, one step at a time'.

First and foremost, Kya and her little brother, are number 1 priority when it comes to 'best interest'. They will always be the most important people to us and when it comes to their stories and who they are and where they came from, that will come as it is supposed to.

We love our birthfamilies and we love our families, and the way we see it...ultimately...we are all one family.

I am not here to "preach", open adoption is not for everyone or everysituation. I am just grateful that we have been able to have this experience with our daughter, thus far. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for Kya, adoption, temples, eternal families and the families that allow us to be a family hear on earth.

This post was a lot of journaling, and some celebration, but mostly....unconditional GRATITUDE.

ONE LOVE


Thank you to all who support adoption and all it entails.
Dear Kya,

You are so precious. Your beautiful eyes share so many of those who love you and whom you have touched. When first we talked about having a family, I know as every parent, we wanted to be blessed with someone beautiful, loving, caring, sweet and many others attributes. But never did we dream that you would be all, 100 times, and so much more.

Both your beautiful birthparents have a song for you..."my wish for you"...and this letter is My wish for you. I wish for you to be happy, to love someone, to always be warm. I wish for you to always feel safe in our arms, for you to be giving and serve others, and to feel the love of your Savior everyday. I wish for you to love those who gave you life and those who showed you the world. I pray that you will always know who you are as a daughter of God, where you came from and where you are going. And in the process of this crazy and wonderful journey, that you will enjoy every moment you have here, every person you meet will remember you for your smile and eminating light you have.

Words really cannot express the love I have for you or the gratitude I have for adoption. I wish for you to always know....
Mommy loves you!

Love Mommy and Daddy

No comments: